An eye doctor can spot the early warning signs of vision problems like glaucoma and macular degeneration, as well as other serious health conditions, such as diabetes and hypertension. Early detection is key.
Contact lens prescriptions (fittings) - how do I get one?
First time users will typically visit an optometrist for a contact lens fitting, even if you don't have any vision problems. The contact lens fitter will measure your eyes, and determine which brand, material and size is right for you.
First Time Fit Explained
Yearly and bi-yearly eye exams and contact lens prescription renewals
A lot of our customers talk to us about their difficulty finding affordable eye care. They often tell us things like "my insurance only covers my eye exam every two years" and they ask "why does my contact lens prescription have a 1 year expiry?".
About your eye exams
Proper contact lens wear and care
- Wash your hands before handling your lenses.
- Replace your lenses on schedule. Do not over-wear lenses. Lenses wear out over time.
- Do not sleep in your lenses unless you have 100% approval from your eye doctor and are wearing the appropriate FDA approved overnight contacts.
- Don't wear lenses longer than prescribed.
- Clean and store your lenses as instructed by your contact lens teacher at your first contact lens fitting.
- Clean, rinse and air-dry your lens case often. Replace your lens case with a new one every 3 months.
- If eyes become red or irritated, remove the lenses immediately and consult your doctor. Don't try to brave the irritation.
- Do not use water to store or clean lenses. Use contact lens solution, and follow the instructions found on the packaging carefully, or consult your eye care provider.
The money that you save ordering your contact lenses from OptiContacts.com would be well spent on eye check ups.
Still have questions? We would love to answer them!
Give us a call to chat with one of our staff or send us an email and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. You can also try our live chat feature at the bottom of the page!
Monday to Friday, 10am - 6pm EST.